Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Seems like yesterday...

I can't believe its been 3 1/2 months since my last post!! It doesn't seem anywhere near that long ago, but I have enjoyed my break.

So much has happened, where do I begin??

We have moved into our home in Simpsonville, SC and are the happiest we've been in a long time. David loves his job and I love my child-proof house!

So, stats... both Lyla and Pressley have 8 teeth; Lyla can say no-no, Mama, Dada, Tucker (that was actually her first real word! She is crazy about Tucker, she even knows how to throw his ball to him -- tooooo cute!) and hi; Pressley can say no-no, Mama, Dada, Lyla, Hey (her favorite word. She loves to come around a corner and say "Heeeeey") and yeah. Lyla can walk!! Actually, she can RUN!! Pressy is actually more stable on her feet but just wont take more than 1 or 2 steps at a time, as soon as she feels unsteady she sits down.

Their personalities have really developed over the last few months, too. Lyla is still very independent and is perfectly happy playing by herself but every now and then she will come running at you laughing for a big hug. Once she's done with the mushy stuff, she goes right back to playing on her own. She has also really embraced her role as big sister and cousin (even though shes smaller than Pressy and Savannah by at least 2 lbs!) by being very bossy! Since she can get around so quickly she goes straight to whatever is interesting and takes over, even if that means taking a toy or sippy cup right out of someones hands. I'm trying to teach her to share, but thats a tough concept for an 11 3/4 month old (I can't bring myself to say ONE year old -- and I still have a week and a half before I have to!)

Pressley has always been a little on the fussy and clingy side, until about a month ago. She is now very happy playing on her own. She is such a silly, goofy girl! She has an infectious laugh that we get to hear all the time, I love it! She is very loving and, unlike her sister, likes to play with someone. She spends most of her day following Lyla around and trying to keep up with her. I love watching them play together, Lyla can get bossy, but they interact so well now. Pressley is HER FATHER'S DAUGHTER! She totally zones out when the TV is on, her favorites are Handy Manny and Sesame Street.

They are such a blessing. I am still amazed at what my life has become. I have a wonderful husband who is wholly devoted to his God and his family and have 2 (TWO!) beautiful daughters that fill my days with joy. God is good!!

8 comments:

Jen said...

It's so wonderful to hear from you! I'm glad things are working out so well in your new home! The girls look beautiful and sound like quite a handful...how fun!

Shari H said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

WE MISSED HEARING UPDATES SO MUCH!!! WHAT BIG GIRLS! FIGURES LITTLE MISS OVER-ACHIEVER IS AT IT AGAIN!!! LEAH'S PERSONALITY SEEMS A LOT LIKE LYLA'S SHE DEFINATELY LIKES TO RUN THE SHOW! HER WALKING IS MORE LIKE LIKE PRESSEY... SHE HAS DONE IT, BUT AS SOON AS SHE REALIZES IT, SHE HITS THE GROUND!!!
WE MISS THEM SO MUCH! TELL THEM LEAH SAYS HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Regina Stoner said...

Yay! New update! I love the picture!! Just reading your blog makes me miss the little girlies and I'm only a few minutes away. Love you guys!

Last Paradise said...

Its about time! Can't wait to see more :) Love you.

Last Paradise said...

Its about time! Can't wait to see more :) Love you.

Susan Sene said...

Yay! You're back!! :) I'm so glad you're in town...can't wait for that birthday party! It's gonna be great!!

Jessica Turner said...

So glad to hear from you see a blog post from you though I can say I now understand how easy it is to not get around to posting (especially without a functional computer!!). It's so good to see the girls and that picture is fabulous! I may print out a copy as Quinn loves to look at pictures of his cousins-maybe because they are babies like him? I can't believe they are almost one. It seems like only yesterday... I love the in depth descriptions of them as it helps us to keep track of not just how they are, but who they are becoming.
Hope that we can sort out a visit soon. We really want to see them (and you and David) and it will be interesting to see what they think of Quinn now that he is more interactive.
We're so lucky to have you guys. I appreciate all your experience and advice. It's great to have someone who has gone before and knows the ropes (speaking of benefiting from your experience, the Quinnster is rocking out with Kicky Bear as I write this). I only wish we could see you all more often. The girls bday presents are en route (after a 1 hour stint at Office Depot to mail them-a story in itself). We hate that we can't be there, but celebrate with them for us!
Love you all!

Crystal said...

that is such a cute picture!