Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Second Trimester!

Woo Hoo!! This is so exciting! At first I thought I'd never get to the second trimester, and now here it is and it seems like just yesterday we found out we were going to be a mommy and a daddy. I can hardly believe it. God is so good!!

I feel great! I do have much more energy than I did a few weeks ago and I don't feel sick any longer. And, NO SCIATIC NERVE PAIN!!! I'm almost scared to type that because I don't want to jinx myself! These precious babies are going to be here in no time -- time is flying.

I *think* I felt the babies (or one of the babies?) move tonight. I know its a little early. But I've read that its easier to feel twins earlier because there is more baby to feel. We were at small group and we were watching a little video clip and I felt something in my lower belly that I've never felt before. I don't want to dismiss it and just normal belly rumblings just in case it was in fact one of our little girls. I want to be able to remember this as the first time!

So, this is how the babies look now: Pretty cool, huh? My 14 week update says that they can grimace, squint and frown now! They can also grasp and may even be able to start sucking their thumb, a habit that I think is adorable and will strongly encourage for a little while. And, they are about the size of a lemon.

Well, thats about it for now. I do want to post a name poll because we've narrowed it down significantly but David hasn't shown me how to do that yet. A few encouraging emails might help. :o)

Lots of love, Joelle

No comments: