Monday, May 12, 2008

2 month pedi appt.

The girls had their 2 month dr visit this past Tuesday. They got their first round of shots. 2 shots in the right leg and one in the left. Shots SUCK! The poor girls were miserable that night. I had to call David and ask him to come home from work early to help me. I couldn't calm them down. It was so sad. They did fine AT the doctor's office, cried a little bit but we were able to calm them down pretty quickly -- of course all 4 of us needed calming down as we all cried together. But the real pain set in around 4:30 that afternoon. It was so sad!

The next day I babied them and let them sleep in, let them fall asleep during bottles, let them sleep in my arms, the swing, the bouncy -- wherever they wanted! And then I paid for it! They were so hard to get to bed that night and their schedules were off Thursday too! I think they would have been fine Wednesday if I just stuck with our normal schedule. I think I made it difficult for them by switching things around. Definitely a lesson learned!

The girls are doing GREAT! Growing right on schedule. Basically Pressley is in the 50th percentile and Lyla is in the 25th. Pressley weighed 11.7 and Lyla weighed 10.4. If you remember, when the girls were born they heard a faint heart murmur in Pressley. We had an echo done and saw that everything was fine. Well, they heard it again on Tuesday and want her to have the echo re-done. Our pedi was very confident everything is fine but she would rather us be safe than sorry, of course we agree! She said it could be nothing or it could be a functioning heart murmur (like Aunt Regina, right?). She said if it was something more severe we would know by now. Our appointment is for this coming Wednesday. Please keep Pressy in your prayers and we'll let you know how it goes.


No comments: