Saturday, April 17, 2010

6 Days of Potty Training under our belt!

We're doing really well! Lyla even stayed dry all night last night! I was shocked! That girl talks herself to sleep and often talks for an hour and a half or more. I thought getting her to stay dry all night would be impossible since during the day she pees every 45 minutes and takes so long to go to sleep. But, she did it! Pressley hadn't gone all night... yet.

They both stay dry during naps.

Pressy poops on the potty regularly and will tell me every time she needs to go. Yesterday she pooped on the potty 4 times, AT ONCE! You may want to skip these next few sentences but I'm going to "document" this story in all its glory. She came to me and told me she needed to "poopy", I put her on her potty and she filled it up, literally. She stood up so I could get rid of it, and I also cleaned her up. I was ready to let her go play and she said "more poopy", so I sat her back down and she filled it up again! She did this a total of 4 times. It was truly a sight to behold! Ha! I guess any nerves she had about going poopy on the potty are gone.

Both girls are averaging 1-2 accidents a day. Which is pretty good, I think. Pressley is doing better than Lyla so far.

Today we ran errands all morning. We put one of the potties in the car and let them go before we went in or out of stores. They did AWESOME! Not a single accident!!! And, while we were in Whole Foods Pressley told David she needed to go pee pee. So, we went to the potty, there was a line, of course, she held it but I didn't want to push her too hard in her first week so one of the workers checked to see if the boys room was empty. It was, so she guarded the door while I took Pressley in. She went. Lyla was in the stroller and before I could ask her if she had to go she crawled out of her stroller and came over to me and asked to go, too! She did. I was sooooo proud of them!

So, we're doing quite well. Not 100% yet, but we're getting close!

No comments: