Thursday, April 29, 2010

Changes...

We've been making a lot of changes around here.  Good ones!

We are eating MUCH healthier.  We got rid off all high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.  We are eating hormone/antibiotic free meats.  Eating more veggies and beans (since the healthier meat is much more expensive).  I feel this is the way God designed our bodies to eat.  There was no chicken nugget tree in the garden of Eden.  These amazing bodies he has given us have adapted very well and we are able to eat the crap thats all around us, but it isn't part of his original design for us.  So, we're trying to be a little more natural with our eating habits.

Its been wonderful!  I love watching my girls snack on fruit, hummus and edamamme -- all of which they LOVE.    Instead of cookies or fruit snacks.

I'm back to making my own granola.  Yummy!!

I've started making my own wheat bread.  There is nothing like the smell of a fresh baked bread.

We've only been this way a little over a month and I can see a big change in the way I feel.  I have more energy and less of that rock-in-my-belly feeling.  I'm also losing weight!  Yea!

We are doing more organic.  I"m trying very hard to at least stick to the "dirty dozen" when buying produce but if I do buy something non-organic am using fruit and veggie wash -- at least that makes me feel better.

I just can't tell you how much better I feel knowing this way of eating is what I"m teaching my children.  Not to eat out or buy processed foods -- which we used to eat a lot of.  

Now, don't get me wrong, you will still see us eating "bad for you foods" from time to time.  But if we abide by this new lifestyle at least 80% of the time, thats a HUGE change, right?  Every little bit helps.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! I love having fresh fruits, veggies, and bread.

Katie said...

i'm super impressed