Thursday, April 29, 2010

Greenville Children's Museum

A couple of weeks ago the Moms of Multiples Club paid for all the members to go to Greenville's new Children's Museum downtown.  I didn't think I was going to be able to make it but in the end we were able to go!  My mom watched Kru so I could have a fun morning out with the girls.  It was so wonderful!  One of the best days I've had in a long time.  I just loved being able to explore with my sweet girls.  And, they loved it, too.  We have been hoping to go soon but were a little put off by the cost but now that we've been I would tell anyone to GO!  Its well worth the money.

There was a kid-sized grocery store that the girlies LOVED.  This was probably their favorite thing to do.  They both loved filling up their grocery carts but all of the pictures I got of Pressley she is looking away from the camera -- at her groceries, apparently she was either too busy to give me a good picture or I just didn't do a good job of getting a good picture of her.  But, I did get some good ones of her working the cash register, which she loved.  All of the food items had big barcodes that would actually scan at the check out and she thought that was just too cool.


They also had a little cake decorating station -- just like in a real grocery store.


They had this AWESOME play area in the middle of the museum. The girlies were still too young to climb on it (you have to be 3) but enjoyed playing under it and around it. There were also some other little play things around it they enjoyed. Like the mirror steps you could walk on.


They have a fun little construction-site room.


And a light-up tube you could crawl through.


They also had a farm room. It was adorable. It had a little farm house with fully stocked kitchen, fireplace and child-sized lounge chair. It also had farm animals. A hen-house, with eggs that fell into a basket. A cow you could milk and some rows of "dirt" you could plant flowers and veggies in. I loved this room, it was my favorite. The girlies loved it, too.


We can't wait to go back!  And hopefully, Daddy and Kru can go with us next time.

4 comments:

Lorren said...

I wanna go! Looks like lots of fun- and how great that you got time with just the girls. I like their dresses too- very cute!

Susan Sene said...

Love that last picture of the girls - adorable! Seems like you all had a great time

Unknown said...

They look like they had a blast. Thanks for the pictures and post. When we've come to Greenville to visit family we've debated on if the museum is age appropriate for Isaac, and now we know.

Katie said...

that museum looks amazing! playing groceries used to be my favorite game too. those mirror steps look like a sneaky way to see up skirts...