Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The girls will be here in NO time!!!

I can't believe how soon they will be here and how "real" things are getting....

Before I get started, let me just say SORRY for not updating earlier. I know we're really bad about this. Although it would help if David did some updating too (hint, hint...) :o)

So, last night we toured the hospital, talk about getting you ready!! They talked about David getting in his surgical gear for the c-section and it brought tears to my eyes! I've been thinking about all the preparations I'll do to give birth but hadn't thought about David getting ready, picturing him in a little green outfit with a hair net just made it all come to life for me. While we were there we saw a set of twin boys. They were born at 36 weeks and only weighed about 4 pounds. I can't imagine!! They were so tiny and looked so fragile and they were going home the next day. The women giving us the tour was telling us about another set of twins born this week and both babies weighed 8 pounds!

I did schedule my c-section. The babies will be here by the 29th of February. The hospital is going to call me back to tell me what time my surgery is scheduled for on the 29th. And, they may come before then, but I hope not. I want them to get as big and strong as possible!! We chose the 29th so that everyone who wants to can come visit us. Its a Friday and should be easy for people to come down for the weekend and meet these precious little girls!

Hopefully I will be updating more often now. I think there will be a lot of exciting things going on, so I'm sure I'll want ot share it with you all! I have my first shower this weekend thrown by Erin from our small group. I'll have pictures and news to report this weekend. Next weekend I am going to Greenville for another shower thrown by Aunt Susan, Regina and Mother (David's aunt, sister and mom). After that I'll have more news and pictures to post after that!! And.... the nursery should start coming together over the next few weeks too. We're a little behind on all that, but thats because we were busy moving. We are finally just about completely settled in our new apartment and now we can focus on the nursery.

We ordered an awesome glider/recliner and ottoman and it should be in by the end of Jan, beginning of Feb. We chose a light beige suede so we can use it in our living room after the nursery. I would love to have a pink chair in the nursery but that will only be practical for a little while. And now David will have a "TV watching chair". He helped pick it out and can't wait till he can use it to watch tv with the girley on his lap. The chair is extra wide so it should allow me to breastfeed both babies at the same time comfortably. We bought our cribs and mattresses, they are here just waiting for the walls of the nursery to be painted so they an be assembled. We're not in a huge hurry for that since the bedding won't be here until the end of the month.

Our crib:


Our bedding:



And to wrap things up, here is a picture of Lorren and I at Christmas!


One last thing: Names, I think we have decided to go with Lyla Miller and Pressley Parker. Whatta ya think?!?

No comments: