Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In...and out of the hospital

What a scary weekend we had this last weekend. As you probably know from the last post from Joelle or from us talking to you, Joelle was admitted to the hospital on Thursday after her ultrasound. The description of why we were there is in the post below (Sneak Peak). We were moved to a room in the HRP (High Risk Perinatal) ward on Saturday night. This is where all the women who have trouble with there pregnancies come to be monitored while on bed rest. The room was a bit smaller and older but it has a fridge and other amenities that make it more accommodating for long term stays and (it's still larger and nicer than most the hospital rooms I have ever seen) The understanding we had was that they moved us there because a)mom and babies were doing just fine and b) we were in it for the long haul.

Joelle was placed on meds to stop her contractions which reduced them down to like 4 contractions a day (which is normal) versus 6 or more an hour like she was having and everything else was looking good. They did a test on Sunday to see if a certain chemical was breaking down in her cervix too, which would indicate that there was a chance she would go into labor in the next 2 weeks. However, the test came back negative meaning she had less than a 1% chance of that happening. Still they told us she would stay until her 32 week mark which would be Wednesday.

So, Grandma and Granddad left Sunday night to go back to Greenville so they could have sometime to get things ready if one of them needed to come back. I also went home that evening so I could get so better sleep before going back to work Monday morning.

Monday morning, I get to the office about seven and expect to hear from Joelle soon because I know she should be up soon. She calls about 8 or so to let me know she is awake and to say good morning. Then she calls an hour later with the best news... she can go home YEA!!! So when I got off work at 4 pm I went and picked her up from the hospital and took her home where she is now restin' and relaxin'.

She is still on bed rest but at least she is home now. Her mom is now back (she had a VERY short trip home) because some one has to be with Joelle 24/7 pretty much just in case something happens she can be rushed back to the hospital.

So now mom and babies are back home and doin' fine and daddy and grandma get to take over for the nurses and take care of the house. I can already tell that Joelle is going to have a hard time with this because she can't stand to not be able to take care of the house. It may have been better for her to stay at the hospital because there at least it was out of sight and somewhat out of mind. At least now she gets to be there while we finish the girls room and but get the last few things in order for there arrival! (BTW we did start getting the nursery painted, I'll and some pictures and maybe some video of that later.)

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts in this time of need. We could have never made it out of the hospital with out them! God Bless and I'll be talking to you soon!

No comments: