Sunday, September 21, 2008

I made this!


As some of you know, I love to cook and bake. I have fallen in love with Ree at The Pioneer Woman and all her wonderful recipes. Everything I've tried has turned out perfectly!! The other night I made Tostadas. I home-made almost every ingredient and it was so fun! I made the refried beans from dry pinto beans. I made th ebrisket and shredded it, I cooked the tortillas (I didn't make them from corn meal like my amazing sister has done, but I did cook them). I made the Pico de Gallo, which means I added lots of Cilantro (mmmmm, Cilantrooooo). And it was delish! I've made other impressive meals, but this one was so colorful (and I had a camera nearby, and I'm now a bloggger!)! And I didn't take any shortcuts. And, I am proud.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It looks beautiful...and delicious! I've been following your blog for a little while. Your girls are beautiful! I hope Pressy is feeling better!

Last Paradise said...

Looks great!!! But I think it would have been better WITHOUT Cilantro ;) Love you!

Susan Sene said...

looks delicious! please share the recipe!

Shari H said...

OOH!!! When are we all coming over for dinner???

Jacinda said...

Quite impressive! it looks super tasty, and I'll definitely be checking out that blog. Thanks for sharing!